Tools to Help You Be Happy and Successful as a Lawyer
We all want to be happy. It is possible to find happiness in the practice of law. A successful work-life balance involves being content in the professional and personal areas of our lives.
That's the idea. Making that idea a reality, however, can be challenging. Happily, Laura Milligan at Job Profiles has compiled a list of "100 Tips and Resources to Be a Happy, Successful Lawyer."
This helpful collection, designed for busy lawyers and law students, offers resources on the following subjects:
- lawyer associations,
- lawyer blogs and social networking tools,
- continuing legal education,
- avoiding burnout,
- keeping your clients, your family, and yourself happy (also known as work-life balance),
- job and career sites,
- law references and legal research tools,
- lawyer humor: jokes and cartoons,
- information for law students and new attorneys,
- tools for dealing with discrimination in the workplace, and
- getting out of debt, with a primary emphasis on student loan debt.
Bookmark this list. You'll find lots of links and plenty of sound suggestions that will help you get the most out of your life as a lawyer.
By Steve Imparl, guest blogger